CT Sounds MESO 2-way silk dome full range coaxial speakers (pair) Review
It is an open secret that car manufacturing companies pay little or no attention to our car speakers. And, due to their negligence, we often have to put up with mediocre speakers that we would have never bought ourselves.
Even when we buy luxury cars, which sometimes cost us our kidney (just kidding), we often end up with second-rate speakers. Then what is the solution to this crucial problem??
A very simple one, you need to replace your speakers with a better one.
I am completely aware that it is quite difficult to find speakers that actually do improve your music system, but to help you in your quest for better music; I will be there with you.
That’s why today I am going to review CT Sounds MESO 6.5 inch 2-way silk dome full range coaxial speakers (pair), which also happens to be one of the best speakers on the market.
Perhaps, in these impressive speakers, your search for car speakers will come to an end.
But how can you decide whether it is the real deal or just a piece of crap?
Of course, by examining all the specifications of this product.
That’s why; I am going to provide you with all the details of the product so that you can decide for yourself, whether it is good enough for you?
- CT SOUNDS MESO 6.5" 2-WAY COAXIAL CAR AUDIO FULL RANGE SPEAKERS SET - Checkout the exquisite CT Sounds Meso 6.5" 2-Way Car Audio Coaxial Speakers Set. This set includes 2 x 6.5" Midrange Woofers (covers mid~low frequencies) with 25mm Silk Dome Tweeters (covers high frequencies) placed on each & includes 2 x 6.5” Woofer Protection Grilles.
- PROMISING & QUALITY SOUND PRODUCER; 120W TRUE RMS | 240W MAX - These speakers are surprisingly impressive & perform great. Complete set is rated at 120W TRUE RMS | 240W MAX. Each speaker takes 60W TRUE RMS | 120W MAX @ 4-Ohm to the Car Amp.Our high quality construction, massive sound, and long-lasting performance give you a Unique and quality sound experience
- COVERS WIDE FREQUENCY RANGE - CT Sounds Car audio door speakers are robust in their features. This set covers a frequency range of 50 Hz ~ 20 kHz perfectly and makes you feel real car audio. X-over point for 6.5" speakers is 3.5 kHz. Quick & easy connectivity with spring terminals for 6.5 inch speakers; RED one for Positive (+ve) & BLACK one for Negative (-ve).
- BUILT TO LAST & COMPETITION GRADE SPEAKERS SET - This set is built with promising accessories & is highly competition grade 6.5-inch coax speakers set. The woofers include fiberglass cone with NBR (Nitrile Butadiene Rubber) surround. Quality Y30 ferrite magnets for 6.5" speakers & Neo Magnets for Tweeters to ensure a perfect combination of motor force.
- 100 % SATISFACTION - CT Sounds provides shipping 3-7 business days and gives warranty of 90 days combines with 30-day money back return policy if not 100 percent satisfied with the purchase. Contact us to solve problem together.
Review Of CT Sounds MESO 2-Way Full Range Coaxial Speakers
This full range speaker is one of the latest in the line of high-tech car speakers from the renowned CT Sounds. The package includes (2) MESO 6.5″ coaxial car audio coaxial speakers, (2) 25 mm silk dome tweeter, and (2) ABS boxed crossovers. Here are some of the key features of CT Sounds MESO 6.5 inch-
Each of the speakers contains a 25mm silk-dome tweeter. its frequency response is much smoother and it also has a lower resonant response. Due to silk being the material of the tweeter, the sound seems melodious and refined. Silk material is also effective in pumping out the volume while not compromising in sharpness.
Y30 Ferrite Magnet
Y30 ferrite magnet, which is one of the most popular grades of hard ferrite magnets, has been incorporated in the speaker. They have a reputation for maintaining magnetic strength for a long time provided that you do not keep them in the close proximity of a neodymium magnet. Moreover, Ferrite magnets are resistant to demagnetization and sound better when played louder.
Spring terminals are used in this speaker. It creates a compression connection around the pin connector. Although it is not as tight as others, it renders connectivity easy and simple.
The length of the voice coil in this speaker is 1.4”. Voice coil is one kind of an electromagnet that transforms currents into physical vibrations so that we can hear the sound.
Glass Fiber Cone
One of the most attractive features of this speaker is that it includes highly effective glass fiber cone. It has high stiffness and provides high-quality audio which makes our experience more memorable and entertaining.
Both of these speakers include PC+Nomex spider with 5 mm back plate and 6 mm top plate.
The impedance rate is 4ω (ohms). The low impedance rate of this speaker ensures spontaneous electricity flow through the speaker.
- The weight of magnet: 21 oz
- The RMS power of the speaker: 120w
- The max power of the speaker: 240w
- The resonant frequency of woofer: 75 Hz
- The size of the tweeter: 25 mm
- The frequency response of the tweeter: 800 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Mounting depth: 68 mm
- Zero distortion from the bass
- Adjustable tweeter level
- Push terminals
- Aluminium baskets
- Glass fiber cone
- Silk-dome tweeter
- The magnet is too big
- The tweeters might seem a little bright to some people
Some common questions and answers
1. Is this a 3-way component set?
No, it has got (2) 6.5″ woofers and (2) 1″ tweeters.
2. Are these speakers going to fit a 2015 road glide fairing?
You can give it a try if you have a 6.5″ diameter opening. However, even if it has enough diameter opening, the size of the magnet could pose a problem.
3. Could you tell me what gauge wires these car speakers take?
This speaker can take up to 12 gauges, while 10 gauges may suffice. Its terminal holes are pretty big.
4. Are these speakers suitable for a motorbike?
Yes, you could install them on your motorcycle.
5. Is the bass any good?
Good? Nope, it’s fantastic. The magnets of these speakers are so big that it dwarfs some of the subwoofers of other companies.
6. What is the frequency rate of these speakers?
The frequency rate of the speakers is 50 HZ – 20k HZ
7. Is this a mid-range or full range speaker?
A: this is a full range speaker.
8. Is it waterproof?
The speakers are not waterproof but it is extremely well built.
9. Can I use it as car tweeter speakers?
In summary, I would like to say that this is one of the best speaker on the market and would certainly improve any car music system.
The speaker comes with push terminals, and it makes the installation process much easier.
Furthermore, its relatively cheap price gives it an advantage over other speakers, as it is quite difficult to find another speaker of similar quality at this price.
That’s why, if you are looking for a high-performance speaker at a relatively budget price, then you could give CT Sounds MESO 6.5 inch 2-way silk dome full range coaxial speakers a try.