Are you looking for a great audio experience without breaking the bank? Look no further. In this blog post, we’ll be exploring some of the best 6.5-component speakers that can be had for under $200.
We understand that budgetary constraints can prevent us from getting top-of-the-line gear, so we’ve done our research and come up with a list of six great component speakers to help narrow down your choices and make sure you get the most bang for your buck!
5 Best 6.5 Component Speakers Under $200:
- CERWIN Vega XED650C 6.5-Inch 300 Watts
- Alpine S-Series 6.5-Inch Component Speakers
- Massive Audio 6.5 Inch 150w Component Car Speaker
- NVX 6.5″ V-Series 2-Way Component Speaker System
- Rockford Fosgate 6.5″ Component Speaker System
1. CERWIN Vega XED650C 6.5-Inch 300 Watts:
- Butyl rubber surround
- Curvilinear polypropylene cone Butyl rubber...
- 1" balanced metal dome CV tweeter Frequency...
- Top-mount Depth: 2.2" Sensitivity: 93dB
This is a speaker set that includes two 6.5-inch speakers, a 1-inch tweeter, and a butyl rubber surround. The frequency response is 60-18,000 Hz and the top-mount depth is 2.2 inches. The sensitivity is 93 dB.
2. Alpine S-Series 6.5-inch Component Speakers:
No products found.
The Alpine S-S65C S-Series 6.5-inch Component 2-Way Speakers (Pair) are surround speakers that include 2 woofers and 2 tweeters. The woofer is made of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic and the tweeter is made of silk. The speakers can handle up to 80 watts RMS (240 watts peak power).
3. Massive Audio 6.5 Inch 150w Component Car Speaker:
No products found.
The Massive Audio FC6 car speaker system is a great way to get high-quality sound in your car. The system includes two 6.5-inch woofers, 3-inch midrange drivers, 25mm silk tweeters, and two external crossovers. The high-energy Y30 magnets provide the necessary magnet force for high sensitivity and accurate sound reproduction.
4. NVX 6.5″ V-Series 2-Way Component Speaker System :
The NVX VSP65KIT is a 750-watt peak (250-watt RMS) 6.5-inch V-Series 2-way component speaker system with a 25mm silk dome and cone. The lightweight polypropylene provides best-in-class sound quality with the advantage of long-lasting material.
No products found.
The 1.5″ voice coil is able to withstand high temperatures yet maintain its strength, giving our speakers superior current distribution, effective heat dissipation, and incredible power handling.
5. Rockford Fosgate 6.5″ Component Speaker System:
- New Rockford Fosgate P165 SI 6.5" 120W 2 Way Car...
- Power Handling (RMS): 60 Watts RMS
- Power Handling (MAX): 120 Watts MAX
- Injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone
The Rockford Fosgate P165-SI Punch 6.5″ 2-Way Component Speaker System with Integrated Concealed Crossover is a great way to get great sound in your car. The system includes two 6.5″ midrange speakers and two 1” tweeters. It can handle up to 60 Watts RMS/120 Watts Max and comes with grilles, flush and surface (angled) tweeter mount, and mounting hardware.
best 6.5 component speakers under $100
JBL GTO609C Premium 6.5-Inch Component Speaker System:
This speaker system is amazing! The cones are bigger than others in their size class, so they move more air and make more bass. The tweeters have oversized voice coils that make the highs smooth and fatigue-free. The I-Mount system allows you to flush- or surface-mount your component tweeters.
No products found.
You can also adjust the tweeter volume to compensate for less-than-perfect speaker placement, or to suit your personal listening preference and musical taste. This low-impedance, three-ohm speakers also compensate for the undersized wires found in many of today’s cars, making the most of every watt your car stereo can deliver.
best 6.5 component speakers under 300:
Alpine R-S65C.2 6.5 Inch Component 2-Way Speakers:
No products found.
The Alpine R-S65C.2 6.5 Inch Component 2-Way Speakers (Pair) are a great addition to any car. They are made of carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) which makes them durable and long-lasting. They can handle up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power).
6.5 component speakers vs 6×9:
6.5 component speakers are smaller and more compact than 6×9 speakers, which makes them a suitable choice for vehicles with limited space. Additionally, they offer better sound clarity due to their size and design. 6×9 speakers are larger in size, meaning they can handle higher wattage and provide more bass response compared to the smaller 6.5-inch speakers.
They are also more expensive than 6.5 component speakers, which can be a factor for those on a budget. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and the size of the vehicle to determine whether 6×9 or 6.5 component speakers are the best choice.
Both types offer great sound quality, so it is important to consider the size of your car and the amount of money you are willing to spend before making a decision.
best 6.5 component speakers for the money:
MB Quart FSB216 Formula Series 6.5″ Component Speaker System:
- WIDESHERE creates a large "sweet spot" for all...
- Aluminum dome tweeters deliver high output,...
- Butyl rubber surrounds provide durability & deeper...
- Textured ABS gasket assures a rigid linear seal to...
The aluminum dome tweeters deliver high output, extended frequency response & natural music reproduction. The butyl rubber surrounds provide durability & deeper mid-bass impact. The textured ABS gasket assures a rigid linear seal to the mounting surface.
Features of a 6.5 component speaker:
A 6.5-component speaker system typically includes a separate woofer, midrange, and tweeter for improved sound quality. The woofer is designed to deliver the low frequencies that create the foundation of bass notes, while the midrange driver produces mid-range sounds from instruments like guitars, pianos, and drums.
The tweeter provides high-frequency detail and offers crisp accurate sound reproduction. Because you can adjust each driver separately within a component speaker system, you have more control over your music’s soundstage.
When installed properly with a good amplifier, 6.5-inch component speakers will accurately reproduce audio with less distortion for an enjoyable listening experience. Additionally, these speakers are generally more efficient than coaxial models so they require less power output from your amplifier.
Lastly, component speakers often feature low-profile designs that fit into tight spaces without sacrificing sound quality.
10 Tips for Installing and Setting Up 6.5 Component Speakers:
- Cover the speakers with grilles or cloth to protect them from dust and physical damage.
- Choose an installation location that offers ample venting for air circulation to keep your speaker cool during operation.
- Make sure the mounting surface is level and secure before drilling any holes in it for mounting purposes.
- Use a power drill with the appropriate bit to make pilot holes for the screws that will hold the speakers in place on the wall or ceiling mount bracket.
- Secure each component speaker with screws, making sure they are tight enough so there’s no vibration but not too tight as to risk damaging them over time.
- Connect one end of a length of speaker wire to the back of the speaker, then run the other end to your amplifier.
- Take care when running the wiring so it doesn’t interfere with any moving parts or cause a tripping hazard.
- Connect all speakers according to their polarity and phasing settings as indicated in the user manual for optimal performance.
- Test your system for sound quality and check for distortion before finalizing installation.
- Finally, enjoy your home entertainment system! Adjust volume levels and refine audio settings as needed for best results over time.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s):
We hope our list and reviews have helped you zero in on the perfect product for your car audio needs! Don’t forget to factor in things like the size of your vehicle when making your final decision – some larger cars will need bigger speakers to fill them up adequately. You should also decide whether or not you want coaxial or component speakers before narrowing down your search by price.